Kingston By Night Members Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kingston By Night Members Forum

The Communication Hub for Kingston By Night Members and Admin

HomeEventsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

My food concerns

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sam Parker

Sam Parker

My food concerns Empty
PostSubject: My food concerns   My food concerns Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2017 1:00 pm

I have a few dietary concerns; they're not life threatening but do impact my health.

Legumes - I'm intolerant to soy, chickpeas, beans of all sorts, lentils, and most nuts. I can have trace amounts, but more than that causes digestion issues.

Red food dye, non-sugar sweeteners - these are migraine triggers for me. So I can't have anything red, and possibly orange and pink. Unless it's organic and using something other than food dye as colouring. I can't have any diet sweeteners at all, including aspartame, sucralose (aka, Splenda), and alcohol sugars (any sweeteners ending in -ol).

Safest bet is to stick with regular sugar. I'm also okay with people checking in with me about store bought stuff.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sam Parker

Sam Parker

My food concerns Empty
PostSubject: Re: My food concerns   My food concerns Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2018 2:36 pm

I want to update this: alcohol sugars might be okay. I've accidentally exposed myself to large quantities of at least some of them with no ill effects. So I'm tentatively putting them of the "safe" list. Which opens up some store bought stuff.

But yeah, thanks all!!!
Back to top Go down

My food concerns
Page 1 of 1